01 02 03 Gheza-e-shiriin: Chicken e Shami/patties 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Chicken e Shami/patties

34
This is one of the dishes I try to keep in stock. Meaning Freeze.It always comes in handy for surprised guest. And also for light evening meals. Just wrap in Pita bread or Simple Roti with a dash of chutney and salad(sliced onion, cucumber or tomatoes).It becomes a kathi roll.Roll it with a spread of Hummus for a middle east sensation.
Put it in a bun. You have bun kebab.


Makes upto 7-8 pieces

For Chicken e Shami you will need:
100gm Chicken
1/2 tsp black cumin(Shah jeera)
1-2 whole red chilly or 1 tbsp chilly flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1/4 cup water

2 tbsp chana dalia powder (roasted Chana u will find in indian stores. grind to make powder)
1 large onion chopped
1 tbsp coriander chopped
1/2 tbsp  mint  chopped or dry mint powder is also ok
1 green chilly chopped

Boil  all the below till tender. I pressure cook till 2-3 whistles. (fast cooking)
100gm Chicken + 1/2 tsp black cumin(Shah jeera)+1-2 whole red chilly or 1 tbsp chilly flakes + 1/2 tsp salt+1/2 tsp garam masala powder+ 1/4 cup water. When done let it cool.


I use my food processor (with Chopper blade)to grind the boil chicken. I wish I had traditional stone sill batta in hand.It weighs too much I hope airline people give me some discount on luggage. This dream will never come true. My wish list never ends.
Now back to the recipe. Grind the boil chicken with dry or fresh mint + Dalia powder.

Now mix in chopped onion + coriander + green chilly & make patties


Shallow fry the patties on a non stick pan till brown on both sides

Serve hot with lemon slices & chopped onion, green chutney.Any chutney will go with it


Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38