This is my first entry in the Baking Partner Challenge. And with this I really hope to improve my baking and specially my decorating skills. I am super excited.
After seeing beautiful cakes of our FB group page by my friends, I am really nervous about my cake. Their cakes have come out so beautiful. Honestly, I am good at baking cakes. But when it comes to decorating, I go numb. So please bear with my decorating skills.
This wonderful recipe was suggested by Swati, Suja & Archana.
And we publish our recipe on 15th.
Well 15th of December has lots of importance in my life.
This is the date I got married.
This is the day I started my blog.
And its a co-incidence , that this will be my first entry into the group of Baking Partners on 15th December.
So today's my Marriage anniversary , my 1st Blog anniversary and a beginning of a new chapter with a wonderful group of Baking Partners.
TRIPLE Celebration Time
Neapolitan cakes with its Triple layer is fit for this celebration.
I have made an angel cake before so this recipe was easy for me to follow. But this cakes required three separate layers of color. I have a mini oven & can bake one cake only at a time.So was a bit concerned that stiff peaks of whipped egg white might collapse for the waiting time. But thankfully I overcame this battle. My 3 layers of sponge cakes had risen nicely.
1 cup cake flour
½ cup ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
8 egg whites (about 1 cup)
¼ tsp cream of tartar
¾ cup granulated sugar
¼ tsp almond extract
Green and red food coloring
1 ¾ cup heavy cream
3 tsp confectionary sugar
¼ cup strawberry jamRed & Green Sugar crystals
- Pre heat oven to 350 degree F. Coat three loaf 9 1/4x 5 ¼ inch loaf pan with non stick cooking spray and line with wax paper
- Whisk together flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy.
- Gradually add granulated sugar in medium high until stiff peaks are formed.
- Sprinkle half of the flour mixture over the beaten egg whites and fold in gently. Repeat with the remaining flour and fold in almond extract.
- Measure ¼ cup of batter into two separate bowls and mix one with green food color and another with pink and keep the remaining as white.
- Pour this batter into three separate pans and bake for about 12 minutes.
- The center of the cake layers springs back when lightly pressed with finger tips. Invert cake into wire racks and allow cooling.
- With a mixer on medium speed beat the remaining 1 1/2 cup cream and confectioners sugar till it thickens and is frothy. Beat until stiff peaks form
- Place green cake on a platter and spread two tablespoons of jam over the cake and then spread 1/3 cup of whipped cream on top.
- Repeat layering with white cake and finally place the pink cake on top.
- Refrigerate the cake for 45 minutes or till the whipped cream is firm.
- Decorate with sugar crystals (added a few drops of red & green color to grainy sugar)