01 02 03 Gheza-e-shiriin: Baking Partner May Challenge - Lemon Bars 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Baking Partner May Challenge - Lemon Bars

34
Thanks Suja for giving us the wonderful challenge for this month. This summery , lemony tangy bars  did for sure uplifted the moody phase I am going through. 
I have been off and on in blogging since few months. It's not that, I am not making any food but by the end of the day I am so exhausted and don't feel like doing anything. Feeling kind of lost. Maybe we all go through such phase of life now and then. I need to gear up myself & put my life back on the track.Maybe , I will take a tiny mini vacation to India. Missing my parents a lot nowadays too. Till  I make my decision lets enjoy the bars , I made today for our monthly challenge of Baking Partners.

For the Crust
85 gm flour
1/3 cup sugar
70 gm unsalted chilled butter (cubed)
salt a pinch


For the filling
48 gm Sugar
1/2 tbsp Lemon zest
2 Egg
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup Condensed milk
1 1/2 tbsp flour
3 pinches of Salt
2 drops Yellow food color

Powdered sugar for dusting

To make the crust
  1. Pre heat oven @ 220 degrees. & line the loaf tin with aluminium foil.
  2. In a food processor mix flour, sugar,salt & butter. Pulse till crumbly.
  3. Remove & press into the lined tin. Prick with the fork one iches apart
  4. Bake the crust for 15 minutes or till edges become light brown.
  5. Cool completely

To make the filling
  1. In the food processor mix in all the filling ingredients.
  2. Pour over the baked crust
  3. Bake @220 degrees till set and firm to touch
  4. Cool at room temperature & chill for atleast an hour in the fridge.
  5. Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.
  6. Enjoy.


Any leftover trimming from the lemon bars. Well next in line is the recipe for it. A little glimpse 

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38