Gheza-e-shiriin: Almond Brittle
Eat it directly .
Or crush & sprinkle as a topping to your ice cream
Or add it to your Basic ice cream
for a butter scotch flavor
1/2 cup plain sugar + 3 tbsp water
1/4 tsp unsalted butter
5 tbsp sliced unskinned almond or slightly crushed whole almonds
greased tray or I used shiny part of aluminium foil
- Put plain sugar & water together in a pan.
- Cook on medium low heat until dissolved.
- Stirring continously cook till you get the brown caramel color
- Add in butter.Mix well
- Add in almond stir for few sec.Remove from the flame .
- Pour the prepared mixture on a greased tray or shiny part of aluminium foil.
- When cool remove. Now Break into pieces & ground coarsely.
Note:I put the broken pieces into a plastic bag & pounded it with rolling pin.
Labels: almond, Brittle, ESSENTIALS