Who does't love pizza?
I have not come across anybody who says no to pizza.
This month our Baking Partners
Challenge was New york Style Pizza.We are given three recipes to choose from. I chose NEW YORK STYLE PIZZA suggested by Archana
as I had not ever tried thin crust before.
Now to the recipe.
I. For Pizza base (Thin Crust)-- 2 nos six inches base.
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour, plus more for dusting
3/4 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp instant yeast
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1. In food processor combine flour, sugar, salt, & yeast and pulse until all mixed. Prepare the dough by adding olive oil & water.
- 2. Now transfer dough ball to lightly floured surface and knead once or twice by hand till it passes the windowpane test. Place in refrigerator and allow to rise at least one day or up to 5 days.
- 3. Baking Time :
- Remove dough at least two hours before baking from refrigerator and shape into two balls by gathering dough towards bottom and pinching shut.Now place each one in a separate medium mixing bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap & allow to rise at warm room temperature until roughly doubled in volume.
- 4. Preheat oven to maximum temperature. Turn single dough ball out onto lightly flour surface. Gently press out dough into rough 8-inch circle, leaving outer 1-inch higher than the rest. Gently stretch dough by draping over knuckles into a 6 -7 inch circle about 1/4-inch thick. Transfer to pizza peel.
- II. New york style pizza sauce
1cup fresh tomatoes rough sliced
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves chopped
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 pinch red pepper flakes
1 medium onion, sliced in moon shape
1 teaspoon sugar
1. In a food mill roughly process fresh tomatoes until pureed but not completely smooth.
2.In a pan heat butter and oil low heat. Add garlic, oregano, pepper flakes, and large pinch salt until fragrant but not browned. Add tomatoes, onion & sugar. Bring to a simmer, reducing the heat to lowest stirring occasionally, until reduced by 1/2 quantity.This will take about 1 hour. Adjust the salt according to your taste.
- III.Pizza topping
1 cup mozzarella shredded
1 cup boiled chicken ( I used leftover chicken bhuna , shredded it & used)
1 sliced capsicum
1 sliced onion rings
- Preaheat the oven to maximum temperature.
- Spread 1/2 of the sauce evenly over surface of pizza crust, leaving 1/2 to 1-inch border along edge.
- Spread the shredded chicken, capsicum, onion ring, jalapeno & lastly grated mozzarella.
- Slide pizza on to the tray & bake for 15 - 20 minutes till cheese has melted & edges are light brown.