Enjoy this summer
with the traditional dessert Kesar Pista Kulfi
to beat off the scorching heat.
You will need:
Heavy bottom deep pan
14 nos Kulfi molds Or An aluminium vessel + foil to cover it tightly
Plastic container with air tight lid
1 liter Full Fat Milk
1/2 tsp saffron
1 -2 green cardamon powder (opt)
1/3 cup pistachios ( Coarsely Powdered with little tit bits of pistachios)
1 tin Condense Milk ( Use Nestle Condense Milk for good results)
Milk Power ( Fill to the full the emptied condense milk tin)
8 tbsp water to dissolve milk powder
2 tbsp sugar ( Optional - Depending on how much sweet you need)
- Pour milk in deep bottom pan & cook at medium heat.
- Add in crushed saffron & green cardamon powder (if you are using). Cook for 10 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Now add in pistachio powder.Cook for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add in condensed milk.Scoop all the condense milk from the tin. At this stage make the flame to low.
- Now fill the emptied condense milk tin with milk powder
- Add water to form a paste
- Not to worry if there are some lumps remaining in the paste. These lumps will give a good texture at the end result.
- Add this milk powder paste to the boiling milk
- Stir continuously.
- Cook the milk mixture on low flame to the above picture consistency. This will take approx 25 -30 minutes to reach the desired consistency.(This will ensure no crystals)
- Pour into moulds Or plastic air tight container
- or an aluminium vessel. Cover it properly with aluminium foil.
- Freeze overnight.
- And enjoy it next day.
Note: How to take out Kulfi from the Molds
- Wet your hand with water & rotate it on the frozen Kulfi molds or keep the frozen kulfi mold for a second under running water ( KEEP THE MOLD LID CLOSED)
- Now open the lid & insert a medium size fork in the center of Kulfi Molds.
- Pull the fork towards your side.
- Kulfi will come out with the fork.