Like Vanilla & Cinnamon are essence of any dessert in the west ,Saffron & Cardamom are hearts of any sweets in India.
The combination of saffron & cardamom are heavenly.
I try to incorporate these two flavors in each dessert as K loves these flavors.
This melt in mouth bars are addictive . Simple & easy to prepare & a crowd pleaser.
Serves : Approx 12 -14 Bars (depending on the size of your tray)
75 gm self raising flour
4 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp unsalted butter
3 -4 Green Cardamom crushed ( We only want seeds)
210 gm Cream Cheese
1/2 tin Condense milk
1/2 tsp crushed saffron.
You will need an 8 inch Baking tray.
- To prepare the base, mix together ingredient I & spread it out evenly on a tray.
- Now in a separate bowl mix ingredient II.
- Pour over the prepared cake base.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or till the toothpick inserted comes clean.
- Cool completely.Cut into squares before serving
- Consume within 3 days.
Note: For best square bar results put it in freezer for 20 min before cutting.