Sorry friends, took a loong time naming this dish. We made a sudden decision to fly to India to celebrate EID. But now arrived back . Yes Cook has suggested a beautiful name , which is apt to the dish. So it is Saalan -e - Lazeez Kofta. Thanks Yes Cook.
And Thanks to all for your suggestions.
I need to make a confession. I become handicap & feel real inferior when it comes to naming the dishes. I am always amazed by peoples imagination and playfulness with words.
This is also a kind of gift. Kaash I had this talent too.
Well nobody is perfect. So to say it in short, I am asking you all to help me please.
I can explain the dish , hope you guys can help me naming it. This is chicken kofta with a filling, cooked in spinach gravy with the final tempering of Kasuri methi. Now you can understand my problem. ANy short forms??
Would love all your naming suggestions for this delicious dish.
For Koftas (Makes around 6 - 8 kofta)
300 gm chicken breast cubed
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp turmeric
(it is banned in UAE so I have used melon seeds powder)
For Filling mix all
1 small chopped onion
1 tsp chopped mint
1 green chilly chopped
1 tbsp curd for leveling the koftas
For the gravy
2 Bunch Spinach leaves finely chopped
1 small onion chopped
1 medium sized tomato chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp Kasoori Methi
1 tbsp oil.
- Preparing the Koftas: In a food processor with chopper blade mix all the ingredients I to form a paste
- Now divide the mixture into 6 or 8 balls. Press flat & fill in the filling & close to form a balls. For getting an even outer texture use a little curd while forming koftas. Repeat the process with the remaining kofta balls.
- For the gravy: Heat oil in a pan/pressure cooker. Add the chopped onion. When translucent add in ginger garlic paste. Saute for few min. Now add all the dry masalas & chopped tomatoes. When tomatoes get slightly mushy , add in the spinach. Cover & pressure cook for 2 whistles or cover and cook for 10 minutes till spinach is well cooked. Now with a hand blender churn this spinach gravy.Note we want a grainy texture.
- Now keep this gravy again on the flame and start sliding in the koftas.If you are using pressure cooker, close & give 2-3 whistles. And for pan cover and cook again for 10 - 15 min.
- Heat the 1 tbsp oil. Add in Kasoori Methi. Add this tempering to to the chicken koftas for the final effect.
- Serve hot with rice, roti or paratha.