Well, its time again for our BP challenge. Due to my India visit , I was late posting this month challenge. But better late than never.
This month challenge was suggested by Tamy of www.threesidesofcrazy.com. She had given us two recipes to choose from. Pumpkin Yeast Bread & Ginger Pumpkin Bread. Since few months, yeast is triggering my migraines so I have opted for Ginger pumpkin bread from Simply Scratch.
What I mostly like about this recipe is the combination of pumpkin with ginger. While baking my home was full in aromas of ginger.
I did not have maple syrup, so I added a bit of golden syrup and it complemented nicely with the bread.
This recipe is worth a try. Specially for those who are not much into pumpkin.
2 1/2 cups flour
1 ts salt
12 tb unsalted melted butter
1 cup light-brown sugar
1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
For the glaze
1/3 cup icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease the loaf pan.
- Mix together dry ingredients:flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredient:sugars, pumpkin, melted butter & eggs.
- Add in the flour till combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan & bake for an hour until the cake stick inserted in the center comes clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes & invert on a wire rack. Cool completely.
For the Glaze:
- While the cake is cooling prepare the glaze.
- Heat a pan, add in the butter. Butter will start melting & turn brown.
- Remove from heat & add in golden syrup & vanilla whisking continously.
- Next add in the icing sugar.Mix well.
- Add in cream & salt. Whisk till you get the pouring consistency.
- Drizzle this icing on the cooled cake. Slice & Njoy!!
* After drizzling the icing , cover & keep to avoid cracks & dryness.( I forgot mine in on the counter top overnight), though it doesn't change the taste but the nice shiny icing would be nice.
* I would increase the quantity of ginger powder by 1/2 tsp , as the taste of pumpkin is bland more ginger would have made it more delicious. But again it is a personal preference.