Its guest post time again. Yes this post has been pending since looong. My sudden trip to India & then Aara was on a trip with her family. And until we both remembered two months gone. Wapp. Time runs so fast. So now lets welcome our dear guest, Aara from Sweets & Spices. The blog name itself represent the personality of our guest today. She is a very friendly down to earth person with loads of sweetness with an ability to stand for herself with dignity. Thatz what I think of her in this short span of time we have become friends. Welcome Aara to my space.
Thank you dear Huma for giving me this opportunity to do a guest post for you! For some reason I really adore her presence as blogger I love all her posts , her clicks and simplicity are just wow for me :) From the time I started blogging She had been there observing my activities silently and always encouraged me saying I have natural talent of writing and explaining articles in my blog, This really kept me moving the way I am. Here is my little precious Thank You for being there for me :)
Since sweet corns are available abundantly now I decided to make soup. I really dint knew when I was starting until I actually proceeded seeing some recipe but finally landed making my own twist n turns, I was not sure of the taste, until it was done! I had made chicken sweetcorn soup but this was purely cream of sweetcorn so I was not sure about the end result. I served my bro 1st he is a fussy eater and I was almost thinking how he would have liked it. When I asked him he nodded his head alone. I was still carrying a question mark in my head???
Until I tasted my self and after 1 sip I was almost talking to myself saying ummmmmmm it tastes so gud, thats y my bro was sipping it peacefully lolzz. Decided to name it Sweetcorn Cream Soup Indian Style. Please go ahead to see the simple recipe which is quiet different!!
Onion - 1 small
Carrot - 1 small
Cinnamon stick -2
Coriander leaves - 2-3 springs
Green chilles - 2 slit
Few Sweetcorn kernels
- Pressure cook Sweetcorn, Strip it and blend it into smooth cream paste. This is our cream of sweetcorn!!!
- Heat oil in a pan, add cinnamon stick, onion, carrot, green chilli, sweetcorn kernels and coriander leaves, saute for 2-3 mins till onion turn soft and nice aroma is emiting
- Add 5-6 cups of water, add salt to taste boil it well till all the flavors infuse
- Remove the cinamon stick, coriander and green chillies.
- Now add cream of sweet corn, Boil it all well, add cornflour paste for thickness if u want.
- Serve it hot!
- You can adjust the spice according to ur taste by adding more green chilli
- Pepper Powder can also be added while serving depending upon your choice.
- After pressure cooking use a sharp knife to scrape out the kernels and then grind it.
- After adding water to the soup preparation while cooking cinnamon, chillies and coriander leaves will start floating on top, so its very easy to remove without disturbing veggies.
Taste was really awesome and different to taste!!
If Sweetcorn are available to u, do not fail trying out this simple recipe For Winters