You all know by now how my food recipes involves around chillies and my love for all things spicy. So here is another Maharashtrian dish Fodni Mirchi also called Pickled Capsicum/ chilly.
This can be served as an accompaniment with Dal & Chawal.
Or simply eaten with Bakhri, Paratha's & even roti.
If you don't have capsicum, try out with normal green chilly & the result will be same.
2 green capsicum or 6 big size green chillies
3 pinches of turmeric
4 pinches of red chilly powder
4 pinches of cumin powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp of oil
1 lemon juice
- Heat oil. Add in capsicum/green chilly.
- Stir continously till it changes is color to pale green on a low flame
- Pour in all the dry masalas: turmeric, red chilly, salt & cumin powder. Stir a 30 sec till all the dry masalas get covered in the capsicum.
- Remove from the flame and in lemon juice.
- Serve as an accompaniment with Dal & Rice, or Subzi.