A little late for the post, but this was the month's challenge for our BP group suggested by Kaveri of Palakkad Chamayal
. She had suggested two recipes Dutch Apple Tart & Coffee Buns.
I chose to go for Dutch apple tarts
& have halved the entire recipe.
Makes four 4 " Tart
For the Base
1 cup Flour
90 gm Butter
1/4 cup + 4 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp cold milk
- In a food processor pulse the flour , sugar & salt. Add in chilled butter & pulse 3 times.
- Remove & keep the mix on the plate add 2 tbsp of milk & knead lightly to bring together for a dough
- Cover with cling film & refrigerated for an hour.
- After one hour remove dough from fridge & make 5 parts
- Grease with butter the 4 tart pan & press in the kneaded dough with your hand on the bottom & sides.
- Roll the fifth part of the dough & cut in stripes. Refrigerated this stripes (This is for the lattice)
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Raisins soaked in apple juice
1/2 tsp Speculass Spices
1 tbsp semolina
6 tbsp of sugar
1 pc White Bread crumb
- Peel and slice them.
- Mix in lemon juice, soaked raisins, semolina , speculas mix & sugar.
Prepare the Tart
- In the prepared tart pan, spread the bread crumb.
- Not add in the filling.
- Remove the prepared strips from the fridge & do the lattice.
- Brush with milk & sprinkle some sugar on the top.
- Bake @ 225 degree C for 60 minutes.
The speculaas spice mix: Ground to powder the below.
7 gm cinnamon
3 gm cloves
3 grams nutmeg
1 gm white pepper
1 gm coriander seed