for giving us the wonderful challenge for this month. This summery , lemony tangy bars did for sure uplifted the moody phase I am going through.
I have been off and on in blogging since few months. It's not that, I am not making any food but by the end of the day I am so exhausted and don't feel like doing anything. Feeling kind of lost. Maybe we all go through such phase of life now and then. I need to gear up myself & put my life back on the track.Maybe , I will take a tiny mini vacation to India. Missing my parents a lot nowadays too. Till I make my decision lets enjoy the bars , I made today for our monthly challenge of Baking Partners.
For the Crust
85 gm flour
1/3 cup sugar
70 gm unsalted chilled butter (cubed)
salt a pinch
For the filling
48 gm Sugar
1/2 tbsp Lemon zest
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup Condensed milk
1 1/2 tbsp flour
3 pinches of Salt
2 drops Yellow food color
Powdered sugar for dusting
To make the crust
To make the filling
- Pre heat oven @ 220 degrees. & line the loaf tin with aluminium foil.
- In a food processor mix flour, sugar,salt & butter. Pulse till crumbly.
- Remove & press into the lined tin. Prick with the fork one iches apart
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes or till edges become light brown.
- Cool completely
- In the food processor mix in all the filling ingredients.
- Pour over the baked crust
- Bake @220 degrees till set and firm to touch
- Cool at room temperature & chill for atleast an hour in the fridge.
- Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.
Any leftover trimming from the lemon bars. Well next in line is the recipe for it. A little glimpse