As ramadan is coming nearer, the preparations for it are in full swing at my home. This time , my mother in law will be spending Ramadan with us. Its for the first time she is here to stay with us after marraige. And in the coming days my father in law and sister in laws family will be joining us too. So excited that this time we will not be celebrating eid alone. Its a rare occasion when my family is going to be with me.
At the same time , I am sad as my ammi's health is not good. Doctors are doing the checkups to see what is the exact the problem. Please pray for her good health. On one side I am happy and on the other side feel like going back to India to meet ammi. Sometimes life offers happiness and sadness together. Strange but true. But I have full faith and belief in my allah and his rasool that he will put things in the proper manner Insha allah.
Now to the recipe.Sharing with all the recipe for suhoor during ramadan. This meal is very important as it helps to preserve the entire day of the fast. Our Prophet (PHUH) said Eat Suhoor, for in Suhoor there is blessing. Don't skip this meal if only take a sip of water as Allah sends his blessing to those who eat suhoor.
Today's recipe is Bhuna hua gosht. Its a quick recipe.
I am sucker for quickie recipe
To the recipe
250 gm Meat
1/2 sliced small onion
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
1/3 cup oil
1 medium sized onion paste
1 medium sized chopped tomato
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp chilly powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/8 tsp garam masala powder
salt to taste
2 green chillies
- Pressure cook all number I ingredient till meat is tender approximately 3 whistles
- Now heat oil in a pan. Add in onion paste and fry till translucent
- Add in ginger garlic paste and fry for few minutes
- Next add in boiled meat
- Add in dry masalas: chilly powder , coriander powder and garam masala powder. Mix well
- Now and the tomatoes. Cover and cook on low flame till tomato mashes up to form a gravy.
- Adjust the salt
- Lastly garnish with coriander and green chillies
- Serve hot with chapati or rice.