Thanks Hasna for handling our event and giving us a delicious roundup of the recipes of the participants. Please check below the details for the winners and the entire roundup.
It's time for winding up the 'Ahlan Ramadan-the Healthy Way' event. We had a wonderful time hosting this event & giveaway. Inspite of all our busy schedules, we managed to handle this event quite nicely. Thank you Rafeeda and Hasna for being such wonderful co-hosts.
We did receive 112 entries from bloggers and 6 from non-bloggers. Recipes are so good and I kept staring on all the pictures while I was working on the round-up . Thank you all who took few minutes from your busy schedule to link in recipes and make this event a big success! We couldn't include a few recipes in this round-up as some blogs do not have option to save their pictures and we didn't receive any reply for our messages also. We shall update this page as soon as we get those pictures. If there is some entries that I missed or did some mistake with the names or link, please do send me a message or mention in the comments below so that I can rectify. I can't conclude without mentioning a few names who linked in most number of entries to this event; Priyas easy N tasty recipes, Delectable Flavors and Babi's recipes ; Thank you girls !
There were 1140 Rafflecopter entries and three Lucky winners among them are:
1. Sujitha Sasikumar won USD 15 gift card from Amazon.com.
2. Lucky winner for Amanda Rettke's Surprise-Inside Cakes Book is
2. Shamla Jaheer is free to choose one among these gorgeous suits from Nav Varn
Congratulations Winners !!
Entries linked in to the Event:
1. Shepherd's Pie from Suji's Cooking Lab
2. Baked Meduvada with Tomato Chutney from Home Cook Food
3, Mango/Pineapple Coolatta from Home Cook Food
4. Summer Pudding from My Style of Recipes
5. Apple Pola from Fam's Culinary Recipes
6. Kebab-e-murgh from Ainy Cooks
7. Stuffed chicken Cheese Bake from Ainy Cooks
9. Peanut Balls from Priyakitchenette
Entries from Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes
13. Amla Rose Punch
14. Mango Chaat
15. Coriander Coconut Milk Paratha
16. Eggless Barnyard Millet Pancakes
17. Green Gazpacho
18. Grated Gooseberry Pickle
19. Greenpeas, Potato & Puffed Lotus seed in Green Gravy
20. Karunkuruvai Rice Dosa
21. Kattuyanam Rice Idli
22. Lime Clementine Mocktail
23. Green Peas Masala Sundal
24. Pina Colada Mocktail
25. Little Millet & Black Urad dal Dosa
26. Soya Sauce Cauliflower Steak
27. Tofu Pad Thai noodles
28. Kodomillet Curd Rice
29. Wheat Flakes Chivda
31. Nombu kanji from From My Own Kitchen
32. Wheat Samosa from Fam's Culinary Recipes
Entries from Babi's Recipes
34. Bread Bajji
35. Chettinad Pavakkai kuzhambu
36. NO bake Mango cheesecake
37. Onion Poha
38. Chickpeas Pulao
39. Eggless Kulkus
40. Cabbage Kofta Curry
41. Gulkhand Ice tea
43. Dried Peas Chaat
44. Bread Pizza
46. Mirch ka saalan
47. Colorful Capsicum Rice
48. Chicken Kurma
49. Mango Phirni
50. Raagi Banana Eggless Muffins
52. Chana Dal cake from Tasty Dining
53. Chicken Majboos from Fam's Culinary Recipes
54. Bottlegourd cowpeas curry from Sara's Tasty Buds
55. Barnyard mililet pongal from Priya kitchenette
Entries from Delectable flavors
56. Chettinad Kheema Podima
57. Chettinad mutton curry
60. Chettinad Prawn biryani
61. Tangdi Kebab
62. Veg. Fried Rice
65. Corn Puttu from Priyas Kitchenette
Dahi Papdi Chaat from Priyas kitchenette
66. Dahi Vada from Faji's hotpot
67. Chicken Puttu from Shabbu's tasty kitchen
68. Kadala Curry from Priya Kitchenette
69. Karimeen fry from A Bowl of curry
70. Peas Mutta Fry
71.Prawns Packet from Febi's cookbook
Entries from Mayuri's Jikoni
74.Beetroot Ice creams
77. Corn and Beans Quasedilla
78. Orange Basil Juice
80.Braided Pesto Bread
82.Soyabean Drink from Abby's space
83.Mixed Biriyani from Fam's Culinary Recipes
84.Healthy Barley Porridge from Abby's spice
85.Pasta with veggies from Abby's spice
Some more from Delectable Flavours
Entries from Cutchi Kitchen
98. Shish Tawouk
99. Chicken Fajitas
100. Kaale chane ke kebab
102.Badam Pista Ice-cream from Cookbook Jaleela
103.Egg Chutney Kebab from Sufaija Zainuddeen
Recipe for egg chutney kebab
For coconut chutney:
- Eggs,hard boiled and cut lengthwise- 5 nos
- Egg white,lightly beaten-2 nos
- Oil- for shallow frying
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Green chilies-3 to 4 nos( according to taste)
- Ginger-1/2" piece
- Garlic- 3 cloves
- Curry leaves-1 sprig
- Coriander leaves,chopped-2 or 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
Combine all the ingredients listed under ' For coconut chutney' in a blender and grind to a paste.
Cover each egg piece with the prepared chutney.(over the cut surface.)
Evenly dip this in egg white and shallow fry carefully.
Serve with tomato sauce.
103. HANDVO from Sufaija Zainuddeen
2 teaspoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon asafetida
1/2 cup yogurt
2 tablespoon oil
1 cup laucki shredded (opo squash, bottlegourd, doodhi)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Eno fruit salt
- 1 cup rice
- 1/4 cup chana dal
- 1/4 cup urad dal split with skin
- 1/4 cup toor dal
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- About 1 inch piece ginger chopped
- 1-2 green chili adjust to taste
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoon oil to grease the baking pan
- 8×8 baking pan, for this recipe I prefer glass baking pan
- Wash and soak rice, chana dal, toor dal, and urad dal in about four cups of water for at least four hours.
- Drain the water and blend soaked rice, lentil, ginger, green chili to lightly coarse texture, (try not to use any water). I prefer to use food processor, add yogurt, turmeric, salt, sugar and asafetida, blend it again for few more seconds. Transfer the dal mix into a bowl and let the mix ferment for about 10 to 12 hours.
- Add the opo squash, 2 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice to the fermented dal mix and mix it well. Add ENO to the mixture and mix, this will make the handvo mix light and fluffy.
- Grease the 8×8 baking pan generously and pour the handvo mix into the greased pan. Tap the pan; it will help spreading the mix evenly.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the handvo batter.
- Heat the oil for seasoning in a small pan over medium heat, after oil is moderately hot add the mustard seeds and asafetida as mustard seeds crack, turn off the heat.
- Drizzle the seasoning over the top of the sesame seeds.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place the pan on middle oven rack and bake at 350 degree F, preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes until top of the handvo is light golden brown or until knife inserted in center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the handvo cool off for about 15 minutes. Cut them in sixteen pieces. Handvo is ready to serve.
104.Banana chocolate chip baked Oatmeal by Sufaija Zainuddeen tried out from here
105.Mutta Adukku by Farisha TP
Maida -2 cups
Milk – 1cup
Salt – as required
You can use samosa filling or any other masala. Here I used chicken masala.
Chicken breast -2
Onion -1 chopped
Ginger- garlic paste – 1tsp
Garam masala- ½ tsp
Green Chilly- 1 (finely chopped)
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Salt & pepper
ginger&garlic paste-1 tsp
Cook the chicken breast with salt and pepper and shred. Heat oil in a pan and saute ginger garlic paste. when the raw smell goes add onion, green chillies and sauté well until it change the colour. Now add all masala powders and then chicken pieces. Mix well and add coriander leaf.
In a bowl add maida, milk, beated egg and salt and make it as dosa batter (if required add more milk). Heat dosa tawa and brush some ghee on it. Pour dosa batter, it should not be too thin. When it is half cooked put masala on one half of the dosa, and cover it with other half. Press the ends carefully. Apply ghee in the remaining side of the tawa and pour the batter from the center of the cooked dosa to the remaining side. Now when it is half cooked, put masala on that side and carefully turn the dosa (already cooked half). Again apply ghee in the blank side of tawa and repeat the above procedure. You can prepare lots of layers, it is up to you. Serve it hot.
106. Easy Haleem by Farisha TP
1. Boneless Chicken/ Mutton/ meat -100 gm
Onion -1 (chopped fine)
Ginger –garlic paste – 2tsp
Green chilly paste -1tsp
Coriander leaf paste -1tsp
Cardamom -1 or 2
Cinnamon – 1 small piece
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Yogurt – 1tbsp
Salt & pepper powder –as required
2. Wheat powder -3 tbsp
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Salt –as required
Onion - ¼ cup
Marinate Chicken (I used chicken here as considering healthy recipe. you can use mutton/ meat) with the ingredient 1 for 20-30 minutes and cook well with enough water. When it is cooked keep the stock aside and once it is cooled grind / shred the pieces.
Mix wheat powder with ½ cup water and salt without lumps. Now in a pan add coconut milk and wheat powder and cook in low flame. Stir continuously, otherwise it will stick into the bottom. When it is cooked properly add chicken stock and ground/ shredded chicken (meat) and continue to cook another 15 minutes.
Fry onion, raisin and cashew in ghee. Put the haleem in serving dish and garnish with fried onion, raisin and cashew, add ghee also (optional). Serve it hot with lemon.
107. Pakistani haleem by Amreena
Ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
Onion chopped 1/2 cup
Rose petals 1/4cup
Green chilly 5
Ghee 1/2 cup
Dalia (broken wheat) 1/2cup
Oats 1/4 cup
Chana daal 1 tsp
Masoor daal 1 tsp
Urad daal 1 tsp
Sesame seed 3 grams
Cumin seeds 4 grams
Cloves 2 grams
Pepper corns 3 grams
Cinnamon sticks 2 inch
Shahi jeera 2 grams
Kabab chini 2 grams
Milk 1 cup
Fried onions 1/2 cup
Curd (optional) 2 tbsp
Coriander 1/2 bunch
Mint chopped 1/2 bunch
1.take a bowl add kabab chini,shahi jeera,green cardamom,cinnamon sticks,pepper corns,cumin seeds,moong daal,chana daal,almonds,oats,broken wheat,mix this all togather put it into the blender and make a powder
2.heat ghee in a pressure cooker,add ginger garlic paste,saute it and add chicken pieces,add chicken stock,mix it well,add fried onions,rose petals,curd,green chilly,chopped coriander,chopped mint,salt and add prepared powder,mix it well and put lid on and let it cook for 2 whistles in a high flame and reduce flame n cook it for 40 minutes in a slow flame.
Then take potato masher and mash it like a paste,add ghee,mix it and switch off the flame and add lime juice.mix it well.serve hot.