We can still prepare it. Yes we are going to make an option for cream cheese. It takes time but the method is so simple.
One of the easiest recipes to follow.
If you are located in the region where cream cheese is not available. No worries.
Just follow the recipe.
Serves: 4 -5
Time: approximately 24 hrs along with freezing.
For our optional cream cheese / Hung Curd
400 gm Yogurt /Curd
Strainer & vessel to keep strainer.
- Keep the cheese cloth on the strainer.
- Pour over the yogurt.
- Keep the strainer on the deep vessel so all the water drain out
- Keep overnight in fridge.
- Remove and now ready to use for our cheesecake.
- We will need 200 gm for our recipe. The amount of cheese you get after all the liquid has drained out depends on the water content of yogurt.
For the Base
7 - 8 digestive biscuits / Marie biscuits
5 tbsp of melted butter
1/3 cup of sugar
- Crush the biscuits and pour over the melted butter and sugar.
- Mix proper.
- Spread evenly on the cheesecake pan pressing downwards
- refrigerate for half an hour
For the top layer
200 gms Hung yogurt / cream cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Beat the cream till double in volume adding little sugar at a time
- Mix in the yogurt
- Take out the prepared biscuit base from the fridge (II)
- Spread the prepared cheese layer evenly (III)
- Refrigerated for 5 -6 hours.
# Strawberry Glaze
100 gm strawberry fresh or frozen
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp of water
Method for the glaze: Mix all the above in a pan & cook for 3 to 4 minutes or till the strawberry turns mushy. Puree in grinder or food processor.
- Pour the Strawberry glaze on the prepared cheese cake.Spread evenly
- Cut into pieces & serve.