Though I am into more fresh foods, but during Ramadan frozen food can come as handy. Time management is most important during this period as most of the time is spent on ibadat.
A week before Ramadan, I start stocking up the frozen items like shami kebabs, seek kebab, shashlik, spring rolls, chilly kebabs, puffs and so on. Just defrost it for 10 minutes & you are ready to go.
Lesser the time in kitchen the more time for praying. Well isn't it all this month is about. Giving more emphasis on deen rather than daily routine and worldly affairs, praying for forgiveness , taking his blessing to improve our life & follow the life our prophet (PHUH).
Makes around 15 to 20 (Depends on how much you fill the pastry)
500 gm Chicken Breast
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 cup water
Mix of all the below
5 tbsp garlic mayonnaise (if using plain mayo then add few pods of grated garlic)
1 & 1/2 tbsp mustard paste
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp crushed red chilly.
15 to 20 Puff pastry sheets
- Pressure cook all the ingredients no I for two to three whistles. When cool remove the chicken and shred it.
- Mix all the ingredient II
- Mix the shredded chicken with the above prepared paste. Adjust the salt levels accordingly.
- Take a pastry and fill it with the prepared chicken filling. Fold and twist with fingers to form a pattern or use the fork to seal it ( Press the fork to the edges of folded pastry to seal)
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes till light brown in color and puffed up.
# Freeze it separately on a tray. Store in a zip lock when frozen
# Defrost on counter for 5 minutes and bake till done.