Being vegan. Nope not going completely vegan but sometimes you need to chill and just go with the flow of the circumstances. I don't have any issues with being vegan. There are loads of options to cook but sometimes it becomes difficult for carnivorous people like us. Since two months now, we have been following a vegan diet and the journey has been pleasant till now. Cooking & experimenting different recipes to suit our tastebuds.
Today sharing with you whole green lentil soup. This soup is full of fiber & a great source of protein. Not only helps to loose weight but at the same time keeps you full for a longer period of time.
At the same time, its very easy to prepare. No soaking. You need a pressure cooker along with few spices and we are good to go.
1/3 cup whole mung dal
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 cup water
1 tbsp oil
1/8 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste or grated
1/4 tsp red chilly powder
1 tbsp chopped tomato
1 tsp chopped coriander
1 chopped green chilly
salt to taste
1 cup water
For the salad: Mix of cucumber,onion,tomato,lettuce,coriander & lemon juice
- In a pressure cooker, wash and add the dal along with water & turmeric. Cook till 2 -3 whistles. Cool
- Heat oil in a pan. When hot , add cumin seeds. Once it crackles add the ginger garlic paste
- Fry for few seconds. Add red chilly powder, followed by boiled dal.
- Now add the tomato, coriander, green chilly & salt.
- Add the water
- Cook on simmer for 4-5 minutes till desired consistency.
- Serve hot with salad and lots of lemon juice.