The beauty of Dubai is you get to meet many people from different countries. And do you know what binds them with each other. Food. Yup food. It's like we are trying to please each other with our food habits, our culture. Whenever we return from India, we have special packets of mithai and chivda to give them.
And believe me we get the same kind of stuff from their homeland too. Oh you know this is specialty from our place. We thought about you and brought a little piece of our country to gift you.
This time our business colleague from Iran gifted us bag full of pistachios. That's 2 kgs approximate. And what better way to use it make your own flavored nuts. Making flavored nuts had been long pending in my list to do things. I thought to grab this opportunity at the best and make the most flavorful pistachios out of it.
I have flavored pistachios with my favorite spice Saffron.I literally love this spice. Added a bit of sea salt to give a nice tangy nuts.
Brined in the flavorful concoction of saffron water for the whole night. And roasted the next day on a moderately heat . Then cooled off completely. To the recipe....
500 gm raw pistachios
2 full glass water or enough water to soak in pistachios.
1/4 tsp saffron
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp normal salt / sea salt for sprinkling
- In a deep broad vessel, pour 2 glasses of water. Add saffron & sea salt.
- Put on the flame and bring to boil. Remove from the flame.
- Now add the pistachios. Keep for minimum 3 hours. Overnight is best. ( This is called brining)
- Next day remove pistachios from water.
- Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Spread the pistachios in a single layer. Sprinkle salt
- Roast in the oven @ 200 °C for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Check from time to time for the toasty nutty flavor.
- Once done remove & completely cool.
# Pistachios has to be soaked completely under water. We are taking broad vessel for this very
# Brining is an important part of this recipe. To brine mean to soak in salted or flavored water.
# Use of good quality saffron is necessary for this recipe.
# Do not preheat the oven.
# When the pistas are in oven, After 10 minutes keep checking from time to time as each oven
# When removed from oven pistachios will be soft. It will harden & have crunchy texture once